Reloading for a Browning BAR 300 Win Mag

I shot I believe 70g IMR 4350, 180g Sierra btsp and Hornady 180g flat base, Boss rifle.

I would never shoot minimum charge weights with IMR 4350 in a 300 WM case, case fill would be the issue.

I shot I believe 70g IMR 4350, 180g Sierra btsp and Hornady 180g flat base, Boss rifle.

I would never shoot minimum charge weights with IMR 4350 in a 300 WM case, case fill would be the issue.
Gotcha. Mine is horribly overgassed so I'm trying to pull some pressure out of it since you can't change buffer weights on a bar and the win mag has the largest gas regulator already so I'd have to have one opened up custom.

I could go to a slower powder but my concern is that increasing pressure at the port

Gotcha. Mine is horribly overgassed so I'm trying to pull some pressure out of it since you can't change buffer weights on a bar and the win mag has the largest gas regulator already so I'd have to have one opened up custom.

I could go to a slower powder but my concern is that increasing pressure at the port
How did you learn about the gas regulator size? I'm always looking to learn more myself. I've a Mk3 BAR in 300WSM and have used many powders in the 4350 burn range including H4350, IMR4350, A2700, RL16, RL17, and Ramshot Big Game. Mostly Barnes bullets. About 300 rounds and only a few hangups. One was a feeding jam after the first shot ejected ok. It was on a pair of coyotes. Got the first one but no opportunity on the second one. Only after, I saw the stuck round which did not chamber.

How did you learn about the gas regulator size? I'm always looking to learn more myself. I've a Mk3 BAR in 300WSM and have used many powders in the 4350 burn range including H4350, IMR4350, A2700, RL16, RL17, and Ramshot Big Game. Mostly Barnes bullets. About 300 rounds and only a few hangups. One was a feeding jam after the first shot ejected ok. It was on a pair of coyotes. Got the first one but no opportunity on the second one. Only after, I saw the stuck round which did not chamber.
Found something on this site or another posted years ago with the port sizes. But I THINK that mk3s may have adjustable gas. There is a guy with a short trac with it adjusted down to run a suppressor

Just to get warmed up I had some hornady 150fmj and imr4350
BD9B47FD-3192-461B-8819-A5157AE3F892.jpeg