Reloading for .270 Wea Mag, using 7 Mag Rem brass

dmjhwk

HMMM,
I have run the cases trough the .270 Wea die- they chambered with some resistance, and I lowered the die tro ensure I was getting enough neck from the top of the 7 mag shoulder.They then all chamber nicely-the only surface that
isn't formed completely is the area of shoulder between the top neck radius and the shoulder, does this need to be fire formed with any specific(light loads/bullet?)loading-as I have seen comments refering to loading for actual shooting(ie, zeroing,checking groups,usable hunting capable-vs say a 90-100grn hollow point,120 grn'ers),is the the fireforming an additional step, to be usable, or is it required for any kind of decent accuracy? Also, the case is shorter as formed, with the neck being short on the bullet side, does this grow when fireformed from the brass flowing forward?Does it matter ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The cases will always be too short,and could cause a carbon ring or a rough chanber where they end..Causing a chambering or extraction problem with the correct weatherby brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.