hands down best brass for reloading 7mm rem mag

And risk high pressure if doing this....... NOT A GOOD IDEA !!!
One usually does this with new brass in a new barrel, with modest loads in the break-in period. Taking an old established hot load and moving the bullet out to jam the rifling would indeed be dangerous. The idea is to make sure that you are converting your new unfired belted magnum case from spacing off the belt to spacing off the shoulder without multiple shots. If there is lots of excess headspace between the base and the shoulder, and /or base and belt cut, the firing pin will thrust the cartridge forward till the belt stops it, then when the case expands, it will stretch back to the bolt face. That weakens the case.

If you jamb the bullet into the lands, the firing pin cannot push the cartridge forward, and you get the whole case blown out at the shoulder instead of stretching at the base.

I suspect what I just said was said by others or even me in this old thread, but I didn't think the last post should stand as the "final word" on this topic. Too lazy to re-read the whole darn thing!

Don't use Winchester brass. It's crap. I'd get 2-3 firings if I was lucky, and I was not at my max load. The primer pockets would be trashed. I switched to Norma brass, and won't buy anything else for my 7mm now. You can pick it up at Sportsmans Warehouse most of the time.
Sounds like winchesters is real hit and miss. I love my Winchester brass for 243, 270, and .300 win mag. But I also acknowledge that none of it is super recent production.

I've used Nosler, Winchester and RP for my 7 mm REM MAG with no issues. Always bumped shoulder back a tad. I don't shoot max loads and fully expect my brass to last at least 10-15 firings. I resize to minimize working of the brass when fired.