Reloder 25 in .270 Wea Mag

Thanks for the input guys-
1)No dork would know any of that,-first issue!
2)Lots of info on rl-22-so I will obtain some,...until then, I'm stocked with H4831,IMR4350,and obviously RL-25. When rl-25 first came out, it was supposed to be better than 7828, I loaded some 160NP's for an inch, but it has been a few years(a broken stock, a replacement, full length bedding and reassembly, now playing with correct forend press with shims, at 6lbs I get .75 with fact. 150HORN,BUT-I still get the odd flyer)and now even the Alliant site is scarce on rl-25.Are you guys seating "factory" OAL's,(which seems quite short????),or are you finding long is the WAY?
" No one of us is smarter than ALL of us ..."
thanks-
Dave
Mate, in my 270Wby, I load the bullets to be just (.010") short of the magazine length and work backwards in .005" increments until I find the 'sweet spot'.
Unless you want to single load, seating bullets out further will be difficult, because the amount of freebore will restrict that length for sufficient neck tension. I cannot get bullets to touch the lands in
my rifle, so I don't bother trying.

RE25 is THE powder in every magnum of this size, up to 300Wby.

A few loads are:
Wby cases, Fed215Match primer.
Speer 130gr SP, RE25/79gr
Nosler 140gr AB, RE25/77.5gr.
Nosler 150gr P, RE25/75gr.
All these loads have been extrapolated and run through 'Quickload', you'll need to work up from at least 10% below.

I have found that like most magnum's top end loads perform the best, within safety parameters of course.
Good luck with it, great cartridge, hope it all goes well for you.
Cheers.
MagnumManiac.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.