hands down best brass for reloading 7mm rem mag

Did not know Norma made Noslers brass. Not surprised though, as come to think of it, it does have some of the same characteristics!

Haven't shot there brass, in seven mag, but have in other calibers.
The Norma brass just does well in my rifles.

from what I've read , nosler used to be made by Norma .within the past couple years Nosler has bought , or teamed up with SSA ( silver state armory ) . SSA is now supposedly who makes Nosler brass .
My guess is that it could be the other way around... I think SSA was bought by Nosler/Norma. Both were around long before SSA was.

This is just speculation and opinion and guessing.

Here is why I believe that Nosler brass is made by Norma. The font on the headstamps are the same. Nosler uses caps, Norma uses lowercase letters. This is a picture I took several years ago when we were discussing the same thing.

fullsizeoutput_f4c.jpeg

I read a lot about Nosler brass being the best, or at least one of the best, but I have no first hand experience with Nosler.

I've been using nobler brass for my 7mm rem mag and it is very consistent and requires almost no case prep, BUT 3 firings is all I get before getting loose primer pockets. after the second firing the primer goes in easier but un the 3rd many of the primers won't even stay in place.

I read a lot about Nosler brass being the best, or at least one of the best, but I have no first hand experience with Nosler.

I've been using nobler brass for my 7mm rem mag and it is very consistent and requires almost no case prep, BUT 3 firings is all I get before getting loose primer pockets. after the second firing the primer goes in easier but un the 3rd many of the primers won't even stay in place.

Nooooo. I just bought that Nosler brass and I've been Fightin the same primer problem with Hornady brass I was hoping I was passed it

Nooooo. I just bought that Nosler brass and I've been Fightin the same primer problem with Hornady brass I was hoping I was passed it
You should be fine. I've ran mine to the point of case head swelling and still had more then 5+ firings on them. Just remember to neck-size...That will help tremendously with case life.

No disrespect, but this is very bad advise. This can result in excessive pressure. Also, would be related to bullet seating depth, not brass fit in a chamber

How is it bad advice? If someone started load development with max loads maybe but have yet to find someone with a brain in their head do that.

Nosler bought Silver State Armory. I know the former owner of SSA Art Cox. His main buisness model was helping other investors start high ammountion manufacturing facilities etc. Not long term ownership. He took a different route witb SSA becuase of US Mil contracts for specifc cartridges and loadings for certain projectsm fees. My guess is Nosler made an ocfer after those contracts were up as a way to have a fullg setup and runninv case manf and loading facility which made them no longer beholden to outside company for this. That company btw was Norma most recently prior to the purchase.

I will say when Art was running it tbeh produced very hard high volume cases. Art had created processes that allowed for verh strong case walls without having to be overly thick. The 6.8 spc were very well known for taking very high pressures and lasting 15 reloadings. You could no longer see any headstamping yet the pocket still held primers snug. Out of an AR that is quite a feit. I still have cases crom the first lot of ssa small primer cases made that are going strong. His 308 cases were much the same in terms of bandling pressure.
But as with most great thingz wben Nosler took over those qualities were dampened considerably. I can not speak for ALL nosler cases being made in house now as its been a few yrs since the switch but its in house or norma as far as I know. I would guess you can tell by the over all quailty comparing it to headstamped norma.

How is it bad advice? If someone started load development with max loads maybe but have yet to find someone with a brain in their head do that.
It may not take a max load with the bullet jammed into the lands to result in excessive pressure. Also, when a round is fired, the brass is going to expand to the dimensions of the chamber, and then spring back to some degree, which is dependent on many factors (pressure being a big one). Jamming the bullet into the lands does not prevent the brass from expanding during firing. A light load can result in less retained brass expansion, but seating depth specifically shouldn't. I was replying based on the context of the above reply since the thread is about 'best brass' and the 'jamming' recommendation was made in regards to brass expansion.

Well I hope that's not the case about Nosler brass not being as good as since they bought SSA. Because I just bought 200 of the nosler 7 mm Remington Magnum brass. I will have to say its some nice looking brass I haven't used it yet. Thanks to everyone for their comments and input on this thread

It may not take a max load with the bullet jammed into the lands to result in excessive pressure. Also, when a round is fired, the brass is going to expand to the dimensions of the chamber, and then spring back to some degree, which is dependent on many factors (pressure being a big one). Jamming the bullet into the lands does not prevent the brass from expanding during firing. A light load can result in less retained brass expansion, but seating depth specifically shouldn't. I was replying based on the context of the above reply since the thread is about 'best brass' and the 'jamming' recommendation was made in regards to brass expansion.

Well the whole idea is to not stretch the brass at the web of the case so either you neck up and back down part way or you jam the bullet to hold the case head against the bolt face.