reloading bench

Gary22-250

got it built yesterday and put the last coat of polyurethane on it about an hour ago . heres a pic before the poly. i used red oak plywood .

IMG00072-20101120-2218.jpg

got it built yesterday and put the last coat of polyurethane on it about an hour ago . heres a pic before the poly. i used red oak plywood .

IMG00072-20101120-2218.jpg

mine done yet?

seriously; I would get my hands on a couple pieces of 1/4" cold rolled steel plate to sandwich the bolts holding the press down to the bench. Make them about 6" square. There will be a lot less flex on the bench top this way
gary

+1 on the two pieces of steel. I did that with mine and wow what a difference it makes.

Corey

with all presses but one, you are trying to pull the press off the table it mounted on. I use a Forster, and the power is pushing downwards. So you really don't need the plates (I still recommend them on all presses). Even generic 10 gauge steel plate will get you by; as well as aluminum
gary

I like it!! Nothing better than tinkering on a gun in a dedicated, organized work area. I'm a little OCD so the work area being nice and well organized is half the battle :D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.