Reloader 26 in 6.5 creedmoor

Even smaller world, your dad and I work(ed) for the same outfit Cody;). I've read lots of your posts and knew who you were, but didn't know Mike was your Smith.

I load 46 grains of 26, under the ELDM 147, for 2747 fps. It is super accurate and flattens deer. I could push it a bit more, but don't need to. Brass seems to do alright with this load. criterion 24-inch barrel.

I ran a Satterlee test today with RL-26 in Peterson SRP brass with the 147 ELD-M. 46.5 up to 47.7 grains. No pressure signs. 2835 to 2919 fps. A nice node at 47 grains and another at 47.5. 2885 and 2910 fps respectively. The entire test landed within an inch at 100 yards... can't hate that!

Got some 156 EOL in for my 6.5-06 to experiment with. May try in the 6.5 creedmoor starting at 41 grains and working up. That rig is already doing well with several bullets but may be fun to see what it would do with the big bullets.

Last edited:
I scored 3-1 lbers today. Had to drive 50 miles to get it but found a new place to shop. Good prices too.

Yeah me too. They didn't have any 147's but I've got a few to start with. I've got a good bit of new Hornady brass to try it with since it has the largest capacity. If it doesn't pan out in my Creedmoor, I'm sure it will work well in my 7 mag.

Well I got me a taste of the RL 26 coolaid today. Got up to 48 grns with 147 Eld @ 2879. No crunching but I used the electric toothbrush. Primer pockets still tight and brass has been fired 5 times.I think I'm going to work between 46.5-47.5 and shoot some groups to see what they look like. my velocity to charge wgt followed about 1 grn more to get the same velocity until I got to 47. then they matched from 47-48. started getting some primer cratering a 48. 47 averaged 2766 so I'm gonna work up from there .1 at a time. so far so good. I reloaded the 46.5 and 47 grn fired brass to 47.5 & 48 neck sizing only, so I think that's why my velocity jumped more at that step. Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Both of my barrels with completely different freebore lengths shot everything from 46.5-47.5 very well with the 143 and 147. 47.0 is my final charge weight with the 147... super accurate, SD of 5, and far from hot. It truly is magic sauce for the Creedmoor in my experience.

Glad to hear that this is the range of weight that works for you. I seated them.030 out and OAL was 2.8550 which works in my mag. Works so well in the Creedmoor, I'm definitely going to have to try it in my 7mag.