Redwing/Danner boot sizes?

geo01

Guys

With the Aussie dollar doing all right against the U.S I figure that it might be time to hit the Cabelas website and upgrade some of the stuff that I wear and use out in the bush. I like the look of the Danner Pronghorn boots but am a bit concerned over sizes. I currently wear an old pair of size 10 1/2 Redwing boots. Has anybody had experience with both these brands and any ideas on how they compare size wise? The country that I hunt is generally flat and rocky so I don't need boots designed for mountains or insulated ones. Mainly after a fair bit of leather as well, need to stop any snake fangs that I may stumble onto!!

Regards

Geo

I can't vouch for a side-by-side comparison, but I have narrow feet and have owned several different danners over the years. I love the way they fit. They are the only boot I have ever worn on lomg hikes with no blisters right out of the box.

I'm a little late to the conversation but I can definitely vouch for the Danners. I'm on my second pair of Pronghorns. These are the old style not the ones with the large rubber covered toe which I don't like. The are light and comfortable. I got about 4 years out of my last pair with a lot of walking on concrete. I expect my new pair will last longer since I don't do much inside any more. I still have the first pair though and don't plan to throw them out.

I wear an 8.5 and the Danner's are true to size. I bought a size 9 this time around and it is a hair bigger just like it should be. I also picked up a pair of the DXT footbeds. Wow, what a difference they make. You won't be disappointed in the quality or comfort. The tread is a little aggressive and makes a better outdoors boot than anything but I have worn them as work boots as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.