Rocky or Danner

I've had 3 pair of the Danner pronghorns. When wet the thin leather stretches and you'll tighten till the eyelets touch. Guaranteed to leak; last pair I bought on sale leaked the first time on my feet, walking across wet lawn. The prior pairs leaked, were replaced, leaked again, and the next replacement came with a note they would not replace their leaking junk anymore.
I'm 6'3 and 225, we're too big for their soft boots.

I really have no experience with Danner but have a buddy that swears by the ones made in the USA. However I wore rockys for nearly twenty years for work and loved them, I have flat feet so when I find something that doesn't hurt my feet I stick with them, but the last two years of that their quality went down hill and they started hurting my feet bad. I switched to kenetrek and my feet have been great. Everybody's feet are different so try them on first if possible! Of the two named I would probably try the Danner but as stated above I have heard some negative on them too.

How long ago did they switch back to the original Pringhorn?
Thanks
I can't really put a date on it. Might have been the third GEN. Danner had a "Danner Boot Club" years ago and gave exceptional deals out when styles changed or had a lot of one size. I have Danner work boots that cost over $400 and got for $100. They stopped that program a while ago. I got 1/2 dozen pair of different styles. three that I wear and three still in the box.
Been getting the USMC Boots "RAT","TFX", and their Forest/Logger 10". They don't make any of these models anymore.
I substituted the Marine "TFX" for the Pronghorn when they changed the Pronghorn.
I have big feet and really hard to fit for comfort. out of all the boots I tried Danner always fit the best right out of the box. I just looked up the "New" Fifth GEN of Pronghorn. They look good and if you have an issue Danner has a 365 guarantee.
The main thing in getting a hunting boot is DO THEY FIT AND ARE COMFORTABLE, do they LEAK and how HEAVY!
If you are looking for a boot for cold weather that is a whole different boot.
I like the new

Thorofare

, but at $560 and non recraftable it's a lot. BUT I never wore out the sole before the tops. These are heavy at 80oz.
It's been years since I bought boots, don't hunt as much anymore and stocked up on them when I got really good deals.

I've had many pair of the Pronghorns…
But the G5 model/pair I have now, I can NOT get them to wear in like the previous Gen/Models I've owned/loved…

I own several pair of Danners...... rite now 6...... I can send pics if you,d like.....
and I have worn out 2 pair with no regret,
NONE HAVE EVER LEAKED......
mainly western style rock/scale walking boots... although my favorite was a discontinued model w/o knobby soles.... which you need in rocky country...
I used to grouse hunt alot in Wis...
I like a leather boot.... no fancy colorful canvas sewn in.....
Just before an elk hunt (non guided)... I was training....for the hunt..... one boot started sqeaking..... I still hunt alot and won,t tolerate a sqeaky boot.....
I called the customer service.....explained my situation and the guy said...
"Send those boots in.... pick out any pair of Danners and I,ll have them to you in 3 days......."NO COST TO YOU".....
Well.... he said pick them out so I did.....
I GOT A 350.00$ pair of leather mountain boots.... uninsulated leather 18" walking boot.....
Danner is the only boot I,ve ever put on that DOES NOT NEED BREAK...IN..
Anyways we went to MT..for elk..... I did,nt get an elk..... But was smiln the whole trip....