Boot Review

HRstretch

http://www.cabelas.com/product...views;cat105543180

Just bought a pair of Cabela's Instinct™ Prairie Runner Boa® Upland Hunting Boots. Been wearing them the last several days and have not had any problems so far. No hot spots or pressure points. The lace up system is simple and allows for easy removal. The boots allow for quick adjustment of tightening or loosening the laces based on what you need for the moment. So far I have no complaints at all.
I had planned on buying some Danner boots but the Cabelas in Ft. Worth did not have my size so I settled on these.

After some more break-in I will let you know if there are any longer term issues or not.

http://www.cabelas.com/product...views;cat105543180

Just bought a pair of Cabela's Instinct™ Prairie Runner Boa® Upland Hunting Boots. Been wearing them the last several days and have not had any problems so far. No hot spots or pressure points. The lace up system is simple and allows for easy removal. The boots allow for quick adjustment of tightening or loosening the laces based on what you need for the moment. So far I have no complaints at all.
I had planned on buying some Danner boots but the Cabelas in Ft. Worth did not have my size so I settled on these.

After some more break-in I will let you know if there are any longer term issues or not.
My wife wears the same boot. The problem is the lace breaks with great frequency and when it does you have to buy another pair. Fortunately cabelas is good about warranty but the warranty won't do you any good if it breaks when you are miles from the truck and not carrying another pair.

Never be anywhere wearing those without something else to put on when the lace breaks.

Sorry to hear about your wife's lace problem. I saw no bad or negative review on the web site indicating they had a problem. Did the wire break or the tightening mechanism?

I will let everyone know if I develop any issues but so far none.

I'm missing something. Are the laces so short they can't be temporarily fixed with a simple square knot?

but the warranty won't do you any good if it breaks when you are miles from the truck and not carrying another pair.

Never be anywhere wearing those without something else to put on when the lace breaks.

I have had these boots for 2.5 weeks and have had no issues so far. My wear though has been mainly flat ground around the neighbor hood. So far I have had no problems with the lace system and find it very useful for adjusting tightness of the lace throughout the day.

I have done further research and other than this post, have not heard of anymore lace problems. Will be going to the ranch (weather permitting ) this weekend so should give them a lot more stringent work out???

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.