Redding Type S Bushing Die Scarcity

They're produced in the communist state of NY during a pandemic. Who knows when or if they are permitted to work. Im surprised Redding hasn't left the state by now as Remington did.
That's a good point. I keep forgetting there's states that haven't moved on from those lockdowns and work restrictions.

They're produced in the communist state of NY during a pandemic. Who knows when or if they are permitted to work. Im surprised Redding hasn't left the state by now as Remington did.
We are currently seeing an unprecedented number of covid cases here. It's hard to get tested and impossible to see a doctor. Even the Urgent Cares around here are essentially closed. They put a guard at the door at the facility nearest to me. No availability for 5 days or more.

I'm guessing this might be having a significant impact on all businesses. So many people are either sick or in quarantine that skeleton crews are everywhere.

Stay safe everyone.

We are currently seeing an unprecedented number of covid cases here. It's hard to get tested and impossible to see a doctor. Even the Urgent Cares around here are essentially closed. They put a guard at the door at the facility nearest to me. No availability for 5 days or more.

I'm guessing this might be having a significant impact on all businesses. So many people are either sick or in quarantine that skeleton crews are everywhere.

Stay safe everyone.
New York being one of the significant points of entry to the U.S. , it is certainly easy to understand how day to day activity is messed up or slowed. Those of us in other states or areas should keep this in mind as our comings and goings are more normal than earlier this year.
I lifted the following statement regarding Redding's abilities from a site I buy from:
REDDING UPDATES:

AS OF 02-15-2021 - REDDING IS CURRENTLY RUNNING APPROXIMATELY 18-20 WEEKS ON NEW ORDERS. (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

REDDING HAS ALSO RECENTLY ANNOUNCED THAT ANY OUT OF STOCK CUSTOM DIES AND ANY OUT OF STOCK SAECO PRODUCT WILL HAVE A LEAD TIME OF APPROXIMATELY 12 MONTHS.

I had the same issues earlier this year looking for a Redding bushing s 280 ai die set. I just got on the Midway "notify me" list. I waited a couple of months but I got the alert and ordered them. Pretty easy if you have time to wait. Did the same for some 162 eldx and just got those.

Out of curiosity I got to looking around for Hornady bushing dies as well and they also seem to be sold out everywhere. Thanks to the links above I see a couple of sets of the Redding dies available but no Hornady bushing dies anywhere.

I been doing some more looking around and since most redding s dies are back ordered anyway I thought about giving Whidden bushing dies a try. Anyone tried both and have a preference?

Stay safe everyone.
I have to watch these numbers for work reasons. This is the positive tests history (all time) for NY State. Pretty crazy.

Seems like it hits Europe, then the East Coast, then West Coast, and then eventually makes it to Idaho. We were dropping until a couple of days ago but I expect we're about to see a similar trend as below.

Point being, I think supply chain issues will continue well into 2022.
1640798261420.png

Last edited:

Recent Posts