Redding or hornady dies?

Was going to say, depends on what you are planning on using it for. My plinking 9mm is Hornady dies, but my 6mm creedmore is Redding. All I can add is that it is a lot more easy to set on my Redding, and more importantly, more consistent and precise.

Old thread but Found a great price on 30 Sherman Mag Hornady Match dies. They are FL bushing/seater dies. Had bad luck with standard Hornady dies but I'm pulling the trigger on this set. Hope I don't regret it. It's brand new in the box.

My reloading sounds very similar to yours, and I prefer Redding over RCBS or Hornady for bottleneck cartridges. Adjustment seems finer and easier (less tools) and I like to replace all the expanders with floating carbide buttons.

My runout on hornady dies is usually 3-5 thousandths. Completely unacceptable. There is reason some companies can charge more. Nobody wants to spend 150-300 bucks on a set of dies. If you're going to chase accuracy, why short change yourself every shot? ‍‍
I agree with the people recommending Forster dies. BUT Redding makes a fine product too.
Hornady isn't even a consideration for me.
I'll add the bump neck die is my all time favorite (Forster).
Send them back Hornady WILL REPLACE THEM
Without a problem

I don't have any problem with accuracy using Hornady dies. Although I will say they must use some very cheap steel compared to the others. I've had problems with the brass set screw messing up the threads. Accuracy wise though, I'm heading to a 600 match right now with ammunition loaded with Hornady dies

I don't have any problem with accuracy using Hornady dies. Although I will say they must use some very cheap steel compared to the others. I've had problems with the brass set screw messing up the threads. Accuracy wise though, I'm heading to a 600 match right now with ammunition loaded with Hornady dies
Good to know. Had a stuck case in one new dimensions die years ago. Probably user error but never had the problem in any other dies when using the same technique and lube care. These new dies i bought are the match grade FL bushing and seat die set. Hoping for good results. Ordered a Whidden custom die 3 months ago. They said 4-6 weeks yet before shipped. Didn't expect that long of a process or I'd have ordered a custom die from Redding. Hope the wait is worth it

It may be an old thread, but it is still a topic on many reloader's minds. Started with Lee and RCBS like many people. Tried Forster BR and it made a difference especially in seating. Now I am replacing some with Redding Bushing sets. Ordered a set of the Redding Elite dies for a new build and 6 different bushings. I sincerely hope this will take me to a new level, otherwise I just spent a ton of $$$ chasing the never ending dream of producing the most accurate ammo.

It may be an old thread, but it is still a topic on many reloader's minds. Started with Lee and RCBS like many people. Tried Forster BR and it made a difference especially in seating. Now I am replacing some with Redding Bushing sets. Ordered a set of the Redding Elite dies for a new build and 6 different bushings. I sincerely hope this will take me to a new level, otherwise I just spent a ton of $$$ chasing the never ending dream of producing the most accurate ammo.
Keep this thread alive posting your results with those Elite dies

Good to know. Had a stuck case in one new dimensions die years ago. Probably user error but never had the problem in any other dies when using the same technique and lube care. These new dies i bought are the match grade FL bushing and seat die set. Hoping for good results. Ordered a Whidden custom die 3 months ago. They said 4-6 weeks yet before shipped. Didn't expect that long of a process or I'd have ordered a custom die from Redding. Hope the wait is worth it
I suspect you won't find much difference in accuracy between the 2. I like the ability to change the stems in the seater dies. I use the cheap frankford arsenal m press and it allows everything to float. Seems to work really good. Shot ok today considering I hardly put any time into the load and the barrel got super hot in the 10 rounds. Grouped about .2 mil left and it's pretty much a blind match. 72 shooters. One guy had a 50bmg. Didn't see his groups but everyone was grinning when he shot including him ha ha!

I've been reloading for about a year now. Im a Full length resizer. I have several sets of dies, mostly Hornady custom series. About to buy another set for a 280 ackley improved and am wondering what you guys think of the difference between Redding and Hornady die quality is. I'm not a prs or mile shooter. But I am a hunter looking to produce accurate loads. Not looking to spend $200 plus on a set of dies(not that there is anything wrong with that). I think I've narrowed it down to the Hornady custom series or Redding basic set.
What do you guys think? Am I missing something by not going to a higher end die? The dies with separate bushings to set neck tension and some of that stuff kind of intimidates me because I dont know how to use them. Am I missing out on something not using them? Thanks in advance
I have both and like both.