Redding T7 press

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by Big10hunter, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Big10hunter

Big10hunter Member

I am new to reloading. I bought a Redding T7 press because it looks to simplify changing out dies. Is this press repeatable/accurate enough to be a go to press for long range reloading?

2. dok7mm

dok7mm Well-Known Member

I have the T-7 with an extra die head and have been using it for about 2 years. It has been very consistent and my runout on loads has stayed under .001", (all brass is neck turned for tight necked chambers).

I set up bushing neck sizers, seating dies and mandrels on the T-7, but I FL size on a Big Boss.

I wish it had a positive stop on the rotation, so I could loosen tight dies a little easier. Another thing is the tight space around the die rings, it's often hard to loosen rings for minor adjustments. My initial head had one hole that was not true and case necks always hit the edge of the die. Redding replaced it.

It's a very handy tool for most reloading dies and does save space. If you check that all 7 holes are true, you should be very pleased with it.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  3. Big10hunter

Big10hunter Member

ty

anyone else with experience with the press?

4. jimbires

jimbires Well-Known Member

I have one , and I like it . if I needed another press today , I'd buy a T-7 . I don't have any cons about the press .

5. dig

dig Well-Known Member

Great press, plenty of leverage even on the big stuff. Will turn out very accurate ammo. I have multiple turrets set up for different cartridges, love the convenience. Great change choice.

6. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Bought one used about five years ago and have loaded thousands of rounds on it since. Just keep the turret lubed very lightly and keep it torqued properly and it will be as accurate for you as any other high end single stage press.

7. supermo26

supermo26 Member

Dok7mm Why the Big Boss for full length resize? Is there more leverage? I'm no the fence between single stage or turret.

8. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it. Uless you're loading the super big/long cases like .338 Lapua etc you'll never notice the difference.