Redding T7 press

Big10hunter

I am new to reloading. I bought a Redding T7 press because it looks to simplify changing out dies. Is this press repeatable/accurate enough to be a go to press for long range reloading?

I have the T-7 with an extra die head and have been using it for about 2 years. It has been very consistent and my runout on loads has stayed under .001", (all brass is neck turned for tight necked chambers).

I set up bushing neck sizers, seating dies and mandrels on the T-7, but I FL size on a Big Boss.

I wish it had a positive stop on the rotation, so I could loosen tight dies a little easier. Another thing is the tight space around the die rings, it's often hard to loosen rings for minor adjustments. My initial head had one hole that was not true and case necks always hit the edge of the die. Redding replaced it.

It's a very handy tool for most reloading dies and does save space. If you check that all 7 holes are true, you should be very pleased with it.

Last edited:
Great press, plenty of leverage even on the big stuff. Will turn out very accurate ammo. I have multiple turrets set up for different cartridges, love the convenience. Great change choice.

Dok7mm Why the Big Boss for full length resize? Is there more leverage? I'm no the fence between single stage or turret.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.