Redding bushing die setup

Fired case measures .297 OD. ID checked with pin gage is .266. Wall thickness is .0155.
.031+ .264=.295 so .292 bushing. But if I neck turn I could take off .0015 then it would put me at .289 bushing, and still have 0.014 neck thickness.
Sound good?

Fired case measures .297 OD. ID checked with pin gage is .266. Wall thickness is .0155.
.031+ .264=.295 so .292 bushing. But if I neck turn I could take off .0015 then it would put me at .289 bushing, and still have 0.014 neck thickness.
Sound good?

i think you will find most cartridges end up close to .015 , the more neck you can leave on the better ( as long as it fits the chamber ) ,, but a truing pass on all of em to get em all the same and to weed out any thin sided neck ones, would be the route id take

although i havent tried it yet , they say the rcbs bushing will work in a redding die and usually a little cheaper

The three size bushings that come with the Forster die covers all brands of brass and neck thickness. And you will be dealing with brass spring back after sizing and one bushing will not be enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.