red tip nosler

red dawg

Hey Guy's does anyone use the red tip nosler 120 grn in a 7mmRM, if so how did it perform? thanks Darin

I've used a Hornady 139 SST out of a 7mmRM and it blew up...Last one of those I ever shot at game. They did work great out of my 7mm-08 (much slower velocity).

Personally, I wouldn't go less than a 160 grain bullet for a 7mmRM (just my opinion). I shoot the Berger 168 VLD's and they hit them like a Mack truck.

I totally get it, but this is my daughter's gun and my yote gun also, my 7mag is shooting 168 vld target/ hunter under 67 grn of h- 1000 but the recoil of her gun with 120 grn and a factory muzzle break if very accurate and little recoil

I totally get it, but this is my daughter's gun and my yote gun also, my 7mag is shooting 168 vld target/ hunter under 67 grn of h- 1000 but the recoil of her gun with 120 grn and a factory muzzle break is very accurate and little recoil

I have mostly used them for yotes, but have also taken two does with them. I run them about 3225fps at the muzzle in my 7 RM. No complaints at all with broadside boiler room shots.

I have heard that they were developed more for deer hunting using the 7-08 and were "toughened"up a bit with a thicker jacket to accomplish this.

The 120NBT is an excellent bullet at 7mm-08 velocities. That said 3500 is really fast for the NBT. 31-3200 would be on the slow side for the 7MMRM. The attached article will help with bullet choice.

I can't imagine a deer that will know the difference.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

7mm Remington Magnum

I think it would perform great out of the 7 RM.
A friend of mine had a 24" barreled 7 STW that he shot the 120 gr NBT out of at 3500 fps+ and it killed many AZ coues deer at ranges out to 500yds, was like a laser beam, very deadly.

Thanks for all the imput guys , the way it works on yotes which is some what hard to bring down instantly I think it would be ok for deer, Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.