Nosler 30 cal bullets with red tips?

Philward

Does anyone remember if Nosler made some type of bullet in .308 diameter with a red plastic tip? 20 years ago? A friend of my fathers has a couple boxes that he bought for a good price many years ago and just recently opened them to find some of the plastic tips broke off. He contacted Nosler and when he read them the run number the guy said "those are 20 years old". Nosler sent him new bullets, I have not seen them. Mom said STP or something like that. 30 cal ballistic tips are green, AB is white, ABLR are grey, E-tip is black. Bullets are 180g 30 caliber and he bought them for his 300WM.

I never knew of any Nosler bullets on 30 cal with red tips. I bought some 2nds from Midway awhile back, the description said they were polymer tipped boatail spitzers and the catalog pic had a white polymer tip, I figured I was getting Accubonds but when they showed up they had a red tip. Not sure what I have either

Well some serious miscommunication from parents. I never saw the bullets but was going by what they said, they are 82 and 86 yo. They said nosler bullets in black box copper colored and red tips. Was talking to them two days ago about it. They tried calling the guy with the bullets but no answer. He called back later and the bullets are standard accubond, white tips. Go figure.