New .30 cal 168grn Nosler Ballistic Tip

wildcat

Hey guys, I see Nosler has come out with a new .30 cal 168grn Ballistic Tip bullet.

Does anyone know the BC. Someone told me it has a BC of .500.

Wildcat

Thanks for that info. Using a 30-338 Lupa Improved or 300 RUM with a 30" pipe, you could push that bullet at 3500fps to 3600fps. With a BC of .490, I am betting it will shoot pretty flat and be pretty good in the wind too. I would like to see the drop chart with this velocity, bullet weight and .490BC.

This bullet could be perfect for the varminter who needs a bullet to expand for kill power past 1000 yards and the wind bucking cabibility that is required to be accurate at this range. Anyhow, I am looking forward to seeing how this bullet works.

Wildcat

I talked to Nosler about that bullet. I didn't ask about the BC, but did find out that it is made with a 'heavier' jacket at the base. It uses the same base as the new, last year, 180BTs. This is something similar to what they did to the 120gn 7mm many years ago, making it into a deer bullet rather than varmint. capt david

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts