combined tech. ballistic silver tip /Nosler ballistic tip

winmagman

I'm in the process of researching bullet choices for a .243. And given the amount of experience on this board i'm interested in what you gentilemen think of these two bullets for deer.(both choices in 95 grs.) The rifle will be used for intermediate range 100-500 yd. whitetail hunting.
Thanks in advance
Chris

(this is my experience in only 3 calibers)!! I have not yet found the balistic silvertips to shoot anywhere near as well as the nosler BT's. I don't know if it is the Lubalox coating or a difference in seating depth and powder choice between the factory ammos. These were all factory offerings used as break-in ammo as well as simultaneaously looking for a bullet the barrels liked.

Just my experience.

I shot a good sized buck once with a 95gr BT. at 250 yards. The bullet did a very nice job. If your gun shoots the sivertips go for it, if not don't worry about it.

With the exception of the lubalox coating and the color of the tip, they are identical. I called Nosler some time back for load advice using H4350 with molyed 180 gr NBTs in .300WSM and asked how much tougher the new CTBST is than the common NBT and got that from one of the ballistic techs there.

The location of the statement on the Nosler web site of tougher construction would seem to only refer to the Ballistic Silver Tip. Could it be an intentional mistake to sell more BSTs at $2 or more additional cost per box?

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.