.284 150 nosler ballistic tip

Gray R

Hey I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these bullets out of a 280 rem or a 284 win. I would keep it below 3000 to eliminate any blow up issues. I have had great luck with the .308 150s slowed down some
Even on close shoulder shots but I was wondering about te 7s. Thanks in advance

My brother usually uses the 140 bt or ct in his 280 with rl19 for the fuel.... I'd guess the 150 would do as well with the 280. I was using the 150bt with rl22 in my 7rem and it did just fine, but I never really put it through anything either.

Yeah I like the 140s I've killed some deer with em out if a 7-08 i just have spent enough time on this forum that I always lean heavier nowadays haha

I use them almost exclusively in my 7mm RM for deer. Run them about 3125 fps and have harvested deer at ranges from 40 to 450 yards. 40 yard deer was easiest to gut ever, it blew the lower half of the ribcage apart and left a 6 inch hole in the off side. Very effective shot... I have seen clean pass through on all other chest shots from 80 to 400, and the 450 yarder was stopped in the spine relatively intact. Never have seen how they work on other heavy bone.

Never wanted to find another bullet cause the BTips shoot lights out in my gun.

I've killed several whitetails and a mule deer with the 150 gr BT out of a 7mm Rem Mag. Never chronographed it but guessing a little over 3000 fps. Never had any blow ups. I put the bullet to a pretty stern test several years ago when I shot a whitetail buck at 54 yards with the 150 gr BT launched out of my 7mm RUM at 3375 fps. Shattered the on side shoulder then blew a fist sized hole through the on side ribcage before exiting through the meat of the far shoulder with a silver dollar sized exit hole. Found a piece of jacket in the meat next to the exit hole.

The 150 gr BT is a stoutly constructed bullet and I would not hesitate to use it at your intended velocity.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.