Nosler Accubond and Ballistic Tip Questions

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Montanasloth, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Montanasloth

Montanasloth Well-Known Member

I am looking at loading up some 140 grain Accubond's for a 270 win. My Question is weather or not the 140 grain Ballistic Tips would have a major shift in point of impact to use as load development and practice. It would be nice to be able to shoot and save a little money while still keeping similar results. Thanks in advance for any insight.

2. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

I don't think there will be any big difference in POI. Perhaps the same as buying a new Lot of bullets. You'd want to shoot them to check and see, but they will be very similar.

3. dmj

dmj Well-Known Member

I've been shooting the 180 ab and bt in my 300 win mag. Will admit I'm not as good of a shot as most on here, but I don't notice any significant difference.

4. Montanasloth

Montanasloth Well-Known Member

I didn't think there would be a major shift but I figured I would ask people wiser and with more experience than I have. I still want to make sure the 140's will group in my rifle, as I have only shot the 130's and they grouped very well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

5. Shortmagman

Shortmagman Well-Known Member

I shot both the 140 BT and 140 Accubond out of my Remington 700 CDL in 280 Rem and the point of impact was close enough that I took both with me deer hunting. I was planing to take a close shot with the Accubonds and a long shot with the BT. It did not work out too well so I shot a deer at 100 yards with the BT.