Recoil Bedding Attempt: Part Deux

Thank you
The Mesa shot OK, we'll see how the rifle shoots in the manners tomorrow

Gen Lee, this new 195 combo is the best this stw has ever shot. Perhaps worth a try.

7stw 195 Berger and N570
3 shots at 45# action torque
Torque to 55# 1 shot
adjust scope and shot 4 more at 55#
I'm surprised the impact point moves with more torque; I may still have an issue?

9FD69D9E-2378-4190-9DBB-C4AED0F6F059.jpeg

Gen Lee, this new 195 combo is the best this stw has ever shot. Perhaps worth a try.

7stw 195 Berger and N570
3 shots at 45# action torque
Torque to 55# 1 shot
adjust scope and shot 4 more at 55#
I'm surprised the impact point moves with more torque; I may still have an issue?

View attachment 428446

I'm trying 50 right now and just shot 3 in one hole but had 2 fliers to make it right at MOA 🤪

So you don't think the relief bedding would act like a shorter barrel as far as tuning?
I am not sure what you are talking about with "relief bedding", but I think that you are referring to bedding out in front of the action.

I don't know that it is proper thinking to assume that you are making the barrel shorter, but there are the use of a large Bedding block that may in fact do just what you are referring to.

I was worried that my 28-31" unturned blanks would not be stable when screwed on a Rem 700, but they shoot very tiny groups in a variety of calibers. This may help you.

I have seen couple of instances were I bedded the barrel full length, put the gun upside down, with a length of rope with weight attached to the barrel pulling it down. This approach helped one, and not the other barrel, it was a Hail Mary approach to begin with. I scrapped the second barrel.

Ya, I'm not having any problems but was curious what others thought of the bedding blocks factories install sometimes. I've only ever had one factory rifle that had an issue with it out of maybe 10? Pretty sure weatherby vanguards have them and I've had 5 that shot extremely good. Had a problem with an older savage but had a gunsmith replace the whole stock

The HS Precision stock that came with my late 90s 7mm STW is pretty good, especially with the aluminum bedding block.

Honestly, I think the bedding job changed the harmonics and now I'll need to go back to load development. It was shooting pretty good as is.

Now my Bergara HMR benefited from the bedding, especially the recoil lug.