Recoil Bedding Attempt: Part Deux

General RE LEE

Ok let's try this again. Everything is like the video except the plumbers putty shot out of action screw holes and epoxy got in there. I put a ton of releasing agent on screws, backed them out and did it again. Tons of Hornady One shot on screws.

Attachments

• 3ABAAF72-8C9F-4BBB-BE02-7C79C42BA448.jpeg
    3ABAAF72-8C9F-4BBB-BE02-7C79C42BA448.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 480
  • 877F1290-1CD6-4324-AED8-08D14B51DB78.jpeg
    877F1290-1CD6-4324-AED8-08D14B51DB78.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 480
  • B8B97CD2-FB1B-4FFD-9771-ED56C653CA6C.jpeg
    B8B97CD2-FB1B-4FFD-9771-ED56C653CA6C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 480
One thing I see....you didn't get long bolts and cut the heads off for alignment pins. I hope you got the action sitting perfectly perpendicular and the screw holes lined up. :rolleyes::rolleyes: If you used the action bolts crack them loose a 1/4 turn after about 8 hours.

Last edited:
Looks good General.Rflshooter hit the nail on the head about using action screws.I always use action screws with plenty of Johnson's floor wax.
Put plenty of release agent(Johnson Floor Wax or what ever you are using as One Shot will not get inside a pillar)in the pillars so nothing gets in there.
The final test is when you shoot it.

Ok let's try this again. Everything is like the video except the plumbers putty shot out of action screw holes and epoxy got in there. I put a ton of releasing agent on screws, backed them out and did it again. Tons of Hornady One shot on screws.
McDonald's straw in the whole sticking up higher and as you push your action down it will push the straw down.

Suggestions to get you closer to a pro job next time.

Don't curl tape on stock over the edge - cut it with exacto knife/blade or place it right up to edge. Plumbers Putty or play dough in all indents like bolt recess.
Use bolts with heads cut off for alignment pins. Use a dremel and roughen up and make holes in stock where epoxy is going - if not thick enough it will flake off. Use clear shoe polish for release agent - buff 2 coats not smeared on. Use more epoxy - should see it just come out . Watch a youtube video - "bedding a vanguard" was a good one.