Rebarreling my lightweight rifle

The Duke007

Want to rebarrel my lightweight rifle. Currently the rifle weighs 5.4 pounds (not scoped). I am wondering what barrel manufactur should I use for lightweight and accuracy. The one that's currently there looks like a number 1 contour. Is one company better at making lightweight barrels than others?

If you like that barrel contour, you can send the barrel to Krieger and they will duplicate it. What cartridge?

If the diameter measured 6" from the breech end isn't less than .760", they should be willing to duplicate the contour for you.

Pac-Nor duplicated my Weatherby Mark V six lug ultralight. None of the other companies would make one that light. It is a .25 caliber and would do ten shots in 3/4" at 100.

All barrel makers will have a contour chart on their website that will give you size and weight for that particular bore diameter. Normally they start with a #1 contour and go up in size. so if you measure your barrel like they do, you can match it in most cases.

A high quality barrel (There are many choices that will perform) is recommended especially when going to a light/small contour that is more effected buy bullet weights and powder selections.

J E CUSTOM

Got it, but there is no where it's labelled weight per inch unless I didn't see it. Because as you well know ounces count when it's a lightweight rifle.

Pac-nor has a barrel weight calculator >>> http://pac-nor.com/cgi-bin/bweight.cgi

wLLWvRh.png

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.