My lightweight Howa 6.5x55

Any pics?
I have 3 custom 6.5x55s I will send some pics when I have time . I have one with a 16 in barrel with a 2 in pipe silver soldered and turned down too the barrel diameter too make it legal , it's a 95 Mauser converted too cock on open , Timney trigger , completely made hand made stock and hand checkered by my dad . Wood rasps and a router completely hand shaped my dad was a master stock and gun maker . I killed my first buck with it the same day President Kennedy was assassinated and both my sons toke their first buck with it also .

Not my best effort but it'll do for now (last one I cut was about 10 years ago).
20220907_171352.jpg
Just as an FYI the screws don't bottom out. I'd recommend gluing it as well. I'll be using bedding compound to do that.

Bedding tomorrow then Duracoat clear satin after that. May add a light black tint. Not real crazy about the carbon fiber look.

Not my best effort but it'll do for now (last one I cut was about 10 years ago).View attachment 392754Just as an FYI the screws don't bottom out. I'd recommend gluing it as well. I'll be using bedding compound to do that.

Bedding tomorrow then Duracoat clear satin after that. May add a light black tint. Not real crazy about the carbon fiber look.
Not my best effort but it'll do for now (last one I cut was about 10 years ago).View attachment 392754Just as an FYI the screws don't bottom out. I'd recommend gluing it as well. I'll be using bedding compound to do that.

Looks great , one thing for sure I bet it's tough as nails you can always paint it later if you get tired of that look A G composites has some pretty neat paint designs with the carbon fiber showing. Bet it's a shooter

Looks great , one thing for sure I bet it's tough as nails you can always paint it later if you get tired of that look A G composites has some pretty neat paint designs with the carbon fiber showing. Bet it's a shooter
All the Howas I've had and worked on have shot extremely well.

Last edited: