RCBS Powdermaster electronic dispenser?

budlight

I just bought this thing for $240 at a gun show. I just thought that I could punch in the number of grains and it would dispense powder. It appears that without the RCBS electronic scales that it doesn't work?

Am I missing something? Because I type in an amount and press the dispense button and the motor comes on and nothing happens. Of course the guy selling them didn't say that it required the scale with it.

preacherman

...I'm pretty sure the powder dispenser "communicates" with the scale, making the scale the "other necessary component"... not sure though, check it out on their website...

Brent

The scale does tell the dispensor how much has been dispensed, so yes, it is required. Sorry you had to find out the hard way.

budlight

Thanks guys! I hand measure every load in my quality guns. I was just trying to speed things up.

Ray Meketa

budlight

Look at the bright side. You have one-half of one of the better powder dispensing systems around. An RCBS infrared scale and you're in business. Or, if you have a shooting buddy who has a scale the two of you can work together.

G

Can I ask a question here for a sec

I want to get one of these with the scale as well. Does it just dribble the powder out or does it come out the dispenser pretty quick.
Joe

budlight

It's got two dispense tubes so maybe it works pretty good. I just loaded up 200 rounds the old fashion way on my nice RCBS magnetically dampened scale. I load a dish with powder and use a tea spoon. I didn't bust ***. But it took me a couple of hours to measure every one and dump it down the drop tube and move to the next one.

I have two rock crusher presses and several sets of dies all locktighted to lengths. So can pump them out once you have the routine down.

You want to buy it for $200 and I'll pay shipping?

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce