Electronic Earmuffs

I just purchased a set of the Walker Razor Pro. Put them on adjusted for good fit turned the volume up and nothing. Your supposed to be able to hear a click when they come on and one when it goes off, but I hear nothing at all. Yes I put the batteries in and even replaced them with a new set but no change. I sent them back today for a replacement. Hope they work!

WOW Quite Texan's post was an eye opener.
So the way I understand it there is no muzzle brake that will not destroy your hearing even with shooting muffs?
Did I read that right?
You guys that use brakes get used to saying,WHAT,can you repeat that a little louder?
I'm almost completely deaf in my left ear and at 50% in right ear using sound protection all my life.
Thanks Ricpowel I am going to look into Soundgear.
Old Rooster
I agree with you. I have a WBY .340 with Accubrake (in my opinion probably the best) and if he wants to stand behind me, beside me, or anywhere within 20 ft. It is painful. My .375 is probably worse, fortunately I have never made the mistake of not putting the muffs back on with it.

Treeslug one of my best friends was a welder inside barges in South Louisiana and with hearing loss worse than mine and when he first got hearing aids he said the whole world was so noisy that he had to make himself wear them.
Now he never leaves home without them.
This is a very important thread as all of us either HAS lost some hearing and other's WILL loose some so all be smart and protect your hearing!
Old Rooster
Hey Old Rooster. that was the same experience that I had when I first got my hearing aides. I attended a reunion and all I could hear was everyone talking at the same time. I finally turned them completely down so I could have a conversation with whoever I was talking with.

Peltor. They are ok. I just recently went to an audiologist and go custom electronic pour ins. They are better in every way. $250 per side, so much cheaper than commercially available at 2k or more