RCBS Handheld Primer Issue

rangerman

I am have problems with my RCBS handheld primer. After seating a primer and after the spring opens up the handle to allow another primer to be seatedt the handle will not go forward. I have taken it apart and everything looks fine but as soon as I put it back together and seat one primer it cannot be squeezed forward. Anyone got a clue as to what could be wrong? Could it simply be worn out? I bought it new approximately 5 years ago and have probably primed somewhere between 3500 and 4000 rounds with it.
Also, if I were to replace it what kind would you buy? Thanks in advance for your help.

If you send it back to RCBS with an explanation of the problem they will fix it or replace it free.

Buying new, take a look at the new Lee hand primer.

besides replacing it, a few srops of light machine oil on the pivot points should do it. I like mine. I typically sit in the great room in my lazy-person chait and prime.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.