RWS brass / seating primer issue

mdslammer

Anyone here reloaded with RWS brass? I'm loading some brand new RWS .338
Lapua Magnum brass. Got up to the seating the cases with CCI primers.
No go. Too tight. Re-uniformed the primer pocket and tried again. Nope!

So I tried some Federal 215M primers. Got two to seat and then the third one
blew!
cuss.gif
First time for that to happen. Other than a black mark on my left hand,
and feeling a bit dumb, that was it.

I'm going to re uniform the primer pocket one more time tomorrow to see if that
does it. In the meantime, I wanted to get some input from anyone that may have
used this brass before and if they had similar problems.

Thanks.

MDslammer

Glad you're all right!
I too had tight primer pockets on my RWS brass in 300WM.
A K&M large rifle primer pocket correction tool fixed my problem.

I just got into 40 new norma 257 weatherby brass and I am having the same problem. sized, trimmed , flash hole deburred and primer pocket cut to uniform depth. got one out of 5 primers to fully seat. for what I paid for them you'd think they would be a little better. grabbed the last bag of Winchester 243 brass I had and after the same case prep all 50 primers fully seated to the same depth with the same force.

I just got into 40 new norma 257 weatherby brass and I am having the same problem. sized, trimmed , flash hole deburred and primer pocket cut to uniform depth. got one out of 5 primers to fully seat. for what I paid for them you'd think they would be a little better. grabbed the last bag of Winchester 243 brass I had and after the same case prep all 50 primers fully seated to the same depth with the same force.

I ordered this tool. Maybe it will get us both up and running.

K&M Shooting - Large Rifle Primer Pocket Correction Tool

I have a bunch of 223 brass with crimped primers. was gonna get a primer crimp swager to fix them. wonder if I cam run my norma brass through it and fix them?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.