Primer Issue

What I hoped to say was that I loaded a number of test loads in both nickle and brass. All were sized the same way (FL in the same die), all were set to the same overall cartridge dimensions, all had safe bullet seating depths, etc. Some were loaded with CCI BR4 primers, some with other primers.
In my post, I didn't really ask what they were set to, I was looking to see results. Things like lube used, case coating, relative hardness greatly impact case sizing results. Then, it is relatively easy to over power a case into the chamber, but this initial compression plus firing expansion show me high bolt lift and difficult extraction where there really is none, if it were sized right. Can a primer affect this? Well, yes. Some primers are 2-3000 psi hotter. If you are shooting a 64000psi load and the primer makes it 67000psi and it is fitting tight and the nickel doesn't grab the chamber as well as brass due to surface hardness…..you are going to have an over pressure load leaving even higher pressure signs.

Last, you were tapping out, but couldn't you open the bolt and get the primary extraction cam to pull the case free?

Look at your extractor; not sure exactly what action you're working with. Make sure it isn't slightly bent inwards. What may be happening is the combo you say won't extract is actually the lowest pressure load, and the case rim isn't slamming back far enough to allow a possibly bent extractor to snap over the front of the lip. Just a thought. I see you mention the extractor is in good shape, but a very slight bend is difficult to catch. It will require more than a quick glance for burrs, etc.

Of course, shooting it shouldn't be required for the extractor to snap over the lip. What I would do is chamber a cartridge, then try and extract it. If the cartridge stays in the chamber, you have your answer. Extractor issue.