rcbs chargemaster lite

vitaminado

hello
I want to buy an automatic powder dispenser.
before making the purchase I would like to know several things:
-Do they have good precision?
-Are they reliable?
-Is there a lot of difference in accuracy per 0.1 or 0.2 gr?
I do not want to spend money and not get good precision in my loads.
I only like to hunt but I want to get the maximum precision in my loads.

I'm looking at the rcbs chargemaster lite
Has anyone tried it?

regards

I just got one a few months ago. Was tired of weighing every charge and trickling on a gempro 250. I spoke to Sam Millard at panhandle precision quite a bit about the chargemasters and he has complete faith in them. Check out the review he did on his website.

I don't know about the lite, but I would hate to have to give up my 1500! They are very accurate I use a beam scale to verify, but it really isn't needed. It' really nice to be able to do other things while waiting for a charge to drop! I am usually pressing and spinning bullets while the charge drops. Saves a lot of time...

I've seen the review
seems to be going very well and the new dispenser tube lets the gunpowder fall better
I charge several calibers and is very slow with the beam scale
I think I'm going to buy one
I hope it works well for a long time.

regards

I don't know about the lite, but I would hate to have to give up my 1500! They are very accurate I use a beam scale to verify, but it really isn't needed. It' really nice to be able to do other things while waiting for a charge to drop! I am usually pressing and spinning bullets while the charge drops. Saves a lot of time...

If I had one I would still have it throw a .5 grain light and trickle up. What's the hurry?

I have had mine for about 3 months now. With RL 26, H4350,H4831sc,Retumbo, and Blackhorn 209 it throws with complete accuracy. I would not hesitate to buy.

If I had one I would still have it throw a .5 grain light and trickle up. What's the hurry?

I guess you can do that if you like, but there is zero reasons to do that. I have a trickler ready and maybe 1 in 15 it is a tick (less than a tenth) off with stick powder, ball powder I don't even bother with the trickler and beam measure one of every 10 or so.

I was just explaining to my girls yesterday after they found themselves down in the loading room how I am spoiled by my chargemaster, and got to explain more things to them as I knew my powder was being weighed perfectly.

I get ES's in the single digits very often, I don't even check weigh anymore. I leave mine plugged in and usually on most of them time to keep it warmed up. If I leave it for an extended period of time I'll turn it off. Any time I turn it back on I'll recalibrate.

I'd buy with confidence again and again.

SHM

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.