RCBS ChargeMaster vs Lite

morgaj1

I have a Lyman Gen6 powder dispenser and the scale has started wandering. With the RCBS rebate, I am looking to buy either the original ChargeMaster or the Lite. Thoughts on which one to get?

I have the Lite and have had a great experience with it. I have not had any problems with the scale drifting once it is warmed up like the instructions say and it almost always throws long grain stick powder(IMR4350) to the exact charge, with an occasional charge .1gr over.

I too, have only used the Lite, but I have never had a single problem with it with many different powders, and I also really like it.

I have seen the regular Chargemaster on sale somewhere with an additional rebate. I have had mine for almost 10 years. It is not perfect but I could not imagine loading without it. when it dies I will buy another one or something similar. The Lite may be excellent. I have never used one.

I am trying to decide on the RCBS Lite or a Frankford Arsenal Intellidropper. I have ruled out the Chargemaster.

I will say that fancy features do not mean anything to me. I use the balance feature and the dispense button. Instead of trickle I tap the dispense tube with my finger.

Have been using the Lite for a few months now, no experience with the Chargemaster. Once warmed up the Lite is stable and throws repeatable charges with the stick powders I have tried. Has all the features I need, price was right, speeds up my reloading process - really like having it on the bench.

I had the Lite and it was too slow for me. I can hand weigh charges as quick and it was a pain to calibrate and then empty the powder/clean up to me. I rarely load over 25-30 at a time though

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts