RCBS CHARGEMASTER LITE YOUR THOUGHTS?

I've used my Charge Master 1500 without problem since it was first introduced many years ago. After trying (wasting money on) several portable scales for load development at the range, I settled on the Charge Master Lite. I power it off a portable laptop recharge battery with AC output and set it up at the range before setting up the rest of the bench to give it a chance to warm up. An at-home test to compare charges thrown by the 1500 and the Lite against my double beam mechanical balance never found a charge that indicated more than 0.1 away from the balance beam. This is plenty fine for most load testing at the range. For that, I like the way you can set the Lite up to wait before dispensing the next load. This lets you duplicate your previous charge or enter a new weight (ladder testing) for the next charge. Between loads, the effects of other shooters nearby will often cause a few grains of powder to fall on the empty pan. With the Lite you can clear the pan, hit Zero, and then dispense without disturbing the data entry. The windscreen on the Lite is also totally effective outdoors. For loading at home, most will be happy with just using the Lite or you can use the Lite to quickly get just under target weight then trickle up the last bit using whatever scale you trust the most. While I continue to use the 1500 at home and the Lite at the range, I wouldn't hesitate to use the Lite at home as well.

Have used mine for 2 years or so now and think it's great. If I would just always remember to close the drain before pouring powder in the hopper I would enjoy it even more.
That's a running joke between myself and my hunting partner who was the one responsible for me getting the lite, we made a pact that when that happens, a picture and a text must be sent to each other. Really sucks with Hybrid 100v, if their is a drawback to the lite, remembering to close the drain would be it.

Ive had one for over a year now and love it. Very accurate and consistent. After hundreds of loads, it has only ever overcharged 3 times and then only .1. I had a Lyman gen 6 and a smartreloader and both would overcharge on a regular basis. The Lyman is gone. It was bad for eating up seals with fine powders and then powder got in the works and locked the tube up. Lyman would send new seals but who wants to deal with it every few hundred rounds. RCBS CMLite works all the time. Highly recommend it.

I have only had mine for a couple of months but I like it so well you'd have to fight me for it.

compared to my old balance beam scale (RCBS/Ohaus 1010) making up ladder loads is a pleasure. Changing the charge weight is a matter of touching a couple of buttons.

I never thought I'd give up my 1010 but it is currently lonely in a place of honor up on a shelf.

if their is a drawback to the lite, remembering to close the drain would be it.
🤣😂 LOL!! Right there with ya on this one. I've forgotten a couple times myself. I like my Chargemaster Lite quite a bit and it holds zero remarkably well for a 'load cell tech' scale. I mainly just use it to throw my 'bulk' charges then switch the pan over to the A&D FX 120i and trickle up to the kernel.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts