RCBS CHARGEMASTER LITE YOUR THOUGHTS?

SO I HUNT

Just wondering what your thoughts on this chargemaster lite is? Hopefully someone that has one can chime in?
Thanks,

I had one and loved mine. It started stopping 2-3 grains short of input charge weight after eight months. I believe this may have been due to leaving it powered on 24/7 so I didn't have to wait for it to warm up. I could not find a receipt or even recall where I purchased it, so I boxed it up and put on the shelf of shame. Before it stopped working, I as considering adding a second one. Not knocking RCBS. In fact, I using Chargemaster 1500 currently. I went that route, in part, because there is at least one company that services that model.

I have a Chargemaster 1500 (currently not working) and replaced it with the Lite. I've had the lite for a little over a year and really like it. The touch screen is better then the 1500 film switches in my opinion. Plus, it stores on bench nicer due to its size.

I had one and loved mine. It started stopping 2-3 grains short of input charge weight after eight months. I believe this may have been due to leaving it powered on 24/7 so I didn't have to wait for it to warm up. I could not find a receipt or even recall where I purchased it, so I boxed it up and put on the shelf of shame. Before it stopped working, I as considering adding a second one. Not knocking RCBS. In fact, I using Chargemaster 1500 currently. I went that route, in part, because there is at least one company that services that model.
Who services the Chargemaster 1500? Is it worth the cost when compared to getting another Lite?

Who services the Chargemaster 1500? Is it worth the cost when compared to getting another Lite?

Had chargemaster 1500. It, kept malfunctioning. I, called RCBS. RCBS gave me the number of a place in Airozna, that repairs them. He told me, he repairs a lot of them. For $150.00 he would repair it. He told me, it is eletronic, it will fail again. I, told him thank you, but no thank you, I will do back to a beam scale. Been useing a beam scale since 1966, it always worked. No, more eletronic scales, for me.

I have one and it works great. I bought an AutoTrickler V3 to replace it because I do a lot of loading at once, usually 100 at a time for competition. The V3 is faster, more accurate and a lot more expensive. Did the V3 make my loads anymore accurate or have better ES/SD compared to the Chargemaster Lite? Not much, if any, nothing I can see on paper or plates out to the distances I shoot. It is faster to the end result and I don't regret the money spent on the V3. That said, if I was just hunting or loading up 20-30 rounds at a time I couldn't justify the additional expense. I probably could have bought two or threes Lites and had a spare if one had a problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.