RCBS Chargemaster Lite, my turn

bomberodevil

Okay, I've heard the horror stories on this, and I always thought it wasn't a bad machine. Not real good as far as accuracy goes, but I always verify the powder load with a Frankfort electronic scale. The theory is, neither are real accurate, but what's the odds they would be off accuracy wise on the same load.

I went to do some 280 AI load development charges and it wont dispense. It powers up, it goes through the calibration phase, lets me input charge amount, set in manual mode, but won't dispense when I press the green go button. I took the powder rod out, no stuck powder kernels. I took the bottom off and the motor Unit out, no obvious problem. Anything else to check?

if this is it, is there any other medium priced dispensers that are recommended?

I never had any issues with mine. I did however go back to my beam scale. I figured that if I'm going to verify my CM lite them why no just use my beam. I went back to basics with my beams and my thrower and I enjoy it much more. The Lite is on the shelf

I never had any issues with mine. I did however go back to my beam scale. I figured that if I'm going to verify my CM lite them why no just use my beam. I went back to basics with my beams and my thrower and I enjoy it much more. The Lite is on the shelf
I have a Dillon beam scale, I guess I can go back to that. I enjoyed the quicker turns with the electronic dispensers, but it seems like any of them with average reliability are $500+. I have a progressive reloader with a powder charger, but I hand weigh all my powder charges for quality control.

I sent mine to a place RCBS recommended for repair. Came out not much cheaper than buying a new unit.
My display board died.

I sent mine to a place RCBS recommended for repair. Came out not much cheaper than buying a new unit.
My display board died.
So much of these things are basically disposable, the repair costs are pretty high. I
bought this Hornady dispenser, it had decent reviews, and it was on sale at Midway. Hopefully I get a few years out of it.