Rcbs Chargemaster Discontinued

Black Tail Hunter

I saw a charging unit on Ebay for a good deal so I started looking to try and find the scale to go along with it. Figured maybe I could put a combo together on the cheap. Couldn't find a scale anywhere so I called RCBS, turns out they have discontinued the Charge master 1500 combo and superseded it with a much cheaper looking unit called the Charge master lite. It resembles the Hornady unit which i own and it does work but not near the quality as the 1500. Just a heads up that these things are on their way out.

That sucks, I love my Chargemaster 1500... Only thing I don't like about it is that you can't use small spherical ball powders in it, without them getting all in the machine itself, and the machine is a pain in the butt to clean-out. But that's why I bought my Hornady Quick-Trickle. Works great, especially since charge weights for most that use those powders is very small (under 35 grains).

Yea I'm sure there are likely still thousands of them out at distributors for sale but still a finite number that will some day dwindle to nothing. Too bad they chose the economy route instead of introducing a comparable unit of similar or better quality. I hate to see companies compromise quality to try and increase sales volume leaving the discerning buyer no choice to improve on what he already has.

The Chargemaster 1500 is easy to clean out, I use a long handle Hog Bristle Brush with a long lacquered handle. You can find them in craft stores and they work very well.

This brush will remove the powder graduals sticking due to static cling and brush the bottom clean.

1012144_00_AR02284.jpg

Headspace is also the distance between your ears and how you use it. ;)

The rumor of this has been going around awhile. Some say the Lite unit would replace the Chargemaster 1500 and others have said that RCBS would come out with a .01grain precision replacement.

I just picked up a pristine 1500, here on this site, for a backup unit. Now, I don't care which way RCBS goes.

The lady I talked to today told me the lite was replacing the 1500 FWIW. Well hopefully the lite unit ends up being a good quality accurate product. It just looked a lot like the Hornady (online, I have not seen one in person) which I am not overly impressed with.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.