Rangefinders

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Dimitrios,
How do I get small furry critters to carry a board around?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
grin.gif
nice try..but if the RF can range a 4x4 at that distanse how hard could it be to range a 12highx4wide criter at closer range..dont tell me you take shots at them beyong or close to that range??
grin.gif

BTW i just stoped by the bridge earlier and ranged few more the furthest one (pole) at 1730 yards and a 18x24 inches boaters sign at 2360 yards(it would no range the pole just the sign) ...scouts honor

Hunter66654
The Horus site has them but they are very expensive..truth is if it wasnt used i would not had buy it.. http://www.horusvision.com/hv.cfm?pg=xlr&sku=OPRFXLR

also look at this site(its the manufacturer) and call them they will give you info where to get them
http://www.lasertech.com/

Since you ask, I have ranged Groundhogs at 2300 plus yards with a Barr & Stroud. I am always interested if a smaller replacement is possible, but so far, the lasers will not do the job. Yes, I actually range the critter. Ranging anything else is a crap shoot.

Next question, longest hog? Less than a mile but I am working on it.

My question still stands. Ranging a hard target and a soft target are two different requirements. I would be interested in how far away you could range an animal groundhog or cat size.

Thanx

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>how far away you could range an animal groundhog or cat size. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I `ll tell you what and i am not trying to be a smarta$$
rolleyes.gif
since i live in the southernmost part of Florida next time i see a marlin or a grouper jump out of the water i`ll try to range it and let you know...
grin.gif
there are not many empty spaces here unless you looking out at the watter..
i did ranged some *humans* at 1000 yards
though
Also take to account that you can range a ground feature close to the critter and if none available then my understanding is that any LRF will fail unless the beam can bounce from the ground (i have not tried that yet)it does not from the watter..
how far have you ranged an animal of the said dimensions with your RF?
confused.gif

Thats a prety good ranging, but its a trade of for portability...i gues it depends on what you need it for,taking it out of the car and seting it up instead of caring it around in the field..
I may take a trip down the bridge again(its a 2 mile brigde closed to vehicles that people walk on) and try to see if i can range a dog or something..i still learning the ropes with this thing..

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts