rangefinders

The Bushnell Elite LRFs have very good range. My ARC 1 Mile 10X binoculars work out to 1,700 yards on cliff faces.

From reviews the Bushnell Elite LRFs, when set on "brush mode", seem to be able to ignore brush better than most other brands. Bushnell's lazed pattern is vertical instead of the more common horizontal pattern.

I have made many upgrades over the years . Started with the Bushnell 800 a million years ago......Licea, Swaro, Terrapin ect... Still have them all!!! A friend of mine just showed up with a new Lieca 10-42 with the range finder in it and I INSTANTLY fell in love!!!!!

WOW!!!!

Tod

Trying to range something at 1500 yards plus with only a 5x magnification is a PITA!! About the only time I use my Terripin now (over the Swaro) is if the Swaro won't do the job at ER. I didn't spend much time with the Lieca Binos, but I was easily pinging stuff at over 1500 yards while shooting (glassing?) off hand.

Now, granted, I have ranged stuff in the 5000 yard range with the Terrapin, but really, other than winning a ******* contest, what good is a 5k range finder?

just my .02, I am sure I will get yelled at by someone!! LOL:D

Tod

I havent felt hindered by the clear glass of the Vectronix to 1500 at the further ranges mine is on tripod or mated to my spotter in home made dual mnt. Shawn C and others have mounted a swaro dblr to lazer.I have one but havent done yet because I carry on hip for 99 % hunting.I have ranged many times hunting out to 1000 in heavy rain and snow when Lieca wouldnt read past 4-500 yrds

I'm ranging trees over 2,000 yards off hand with my sig kilo 2000. It ranges sage bushes past 1,500 off hand. Ranged a cow in an open field the other day at a little over 1,800 yards. The scan mode is super fast and way awesome. Makes it easy to get your true range, I guess it shoots out 4 times a second, if your moving it gives you a new range about every half second or maybe faster. 7x magnification. And the cool thing is your slope is already calculated into the range it gives you. You can turn that off though and get the LOS distance, if you would rather figure it out yourself.

Haven't quite reached the 3,400 yard claimed max reflective range yet, I have only ranged buildings out to 2500ish yards. But I can get a useable range on deer out to 1500 yards, off hand, even in really bright conditions. It does everything I need and more. And it's not much bigger than my kestrel, fits in a stock pack with a kestrel actually. And it only cost me $440 bucks. It's not binoculars, but it ranges awesome and is cheap.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.