Rangefinders

I upgraded to the Leica 3500.com and Kestrel 5700X with Applied Ballistics. They are both Bluetooth and work together very well. I can mount both on my rifle, or use them independently. I really like my rangefinder mounted on my rifle, it is very quick and stable. The Leica 3500 connects to the Kestrel 5700X by Bluetooth, you range the target, the Leica displays the distance and sends the distance, inclination and heading to the Kestrel. The Kestrel calculates and displays the firing solution, and sends it to the Leica which also displays the firing solution. It is very easy and fast. The Kestrel can be tripod mounted with a weather vane and continuously monitor the wind if you like, but it needs to be fairly close to the Leica to communicate. I realize this setup is not for everyone, but I really like it. It is a far easier, and more reliable way to hold the rangefinder on target. In any event take a look at the Leica 3500.com and Kestrel 5700X with Applied Ballistics.
20200706_203448.jpg

I run both the G7 and a Sig2400. I get identical ranges and ballistic outputs with them to 1200 yards. Each has its own pluses and minuses for me, but both have gotten the job done for my typical 1000 yard hunting use. I prefer either to my Terrapin-X/Kestral 5700 Elite for LRH use. IMO, the Bluetooth functionality is cumbersome for hunting use....when it works, and customer service for the Terrapin-X is near impossible to access.

Swarovski 10x42 EL Ranging. Excellent binos plus rangefinder with incline compensated feature. You see,range, fire! Very quickin the field

I upgraded to the Leica 3500.com and Kestrel 5700X with Applied Ballistics. They are both Bluetooth and work together very well. I can mount both on my rifle, or use them independently. I really like my rangefinder mounted on my rifle, it is very quick and stable. The Leica 3500 connects to the Kestrel 5700X by Bluetooth, you range the target, the Leica displays the distance and sends the distance, inclination and heading to the Kestrel. The Kestrel calculates and displays the firing solution, and sends it to the Leica which also displays the firing solution. It is very easy and fast. The Kestrel can be tripod mounted with a weather vane and continuously monitor the wind if you like, but it needs to be fairly close to the Leica to communicate. I realize this setup is not for everyone, but I really like it. It is a far easier, and more reliable way to hold the rangefinder on target. In any event take a look at the Leica 3500.com and Kestrel 5700X with Applied Ballistics.
View attachment 217341
Do these new Leica model Rangemasters provide the angle to the target, like their prior Rangemaster 1600 model does?
Anyone with their current 2400-R, 2800, 3500 models able to answer this question? I spent an hour google searching for an answer, and still no certainty one way or the other..

Do these new Leica model Rangemasters provide the angle to the target, like their prior Rangemaster 1600 model does?
Anyone with their current 2400-R, 2800, 3500 models able to answer this question? I spent an hour google searching for an answer, and still no certainty one way or the other..
Yes, after ranging with the target button, push the 2nd button to show angle.
(2800.com)

It was very hard to find that in writing on Leica's site (I did confirm this before purchasing the Leica) , but it is affirmative, the Leica 3500 does provide the range, angle and heading to the target. These are then Bluethoothed to the Kestrel for calculating the firing solution.

I agree with that, I had read early reports of connection issues, but hoped for the best, and it does work great if you keep close. I'm not sure whether it is the Leica or Kestrel that is limited. My Kestrel is the 5700X and has the ability to dial the Bluetooth power level up or down. I keep it set at the highest power, as I don't usually have anyone else near me, but not much more than 6 feet is all it is reliably good for.

I just bought a terapin x and a kestrel 5700x elite, it's a beauty of a set up.

the guys at revic/gunwerks are releasing a new scope (s) apparently in Q1/Q2 of 2021. Not sure if it will have a laser built in but it sounded like they were really making big steps forward.

im ordering one as soon as they are out.

Just for information my Leupold 1200 range finder seemed to slighty fade after 2yrs and when I called Leupold they told me it was out of warranty and there was nothing they can do. So I bought a Vortex and it's got a life time warranty even if you don't own it anymore.. Just say'n

Please note what is not covered in the warranty, it DOES NOT include the electronics part of the unit.

Vortex rangefinder warranty question .JPG

Vortex rangefinder warranty.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.