Rangefinders

I've had the Bushnell ARC 1600's. Great Range Finder but just Optics.

also had the Swaro Laser Guide. Awesome optics but Range finder was just okay.

Now have the vortex Fury 5000. Both optics and the range finder are awesome! They don't disappoint.

Just for information my Leupold 1200 range finder seemed to slighty fade after 2yrs and when I called Leupold they told me it was out of warranty and there was nothing they can do. So I bought a Vortex and it's got a life time warranty even if you don't own it anymore.. Just say'n

Please note is NOT covered in the warranty ...

Vortex rangefinder warranty question .JPG

Vortex rangefinder warranty.JPG

My fear with binocular rangefinders is that they are always going to be a compromise. With the stand alone range finder I don't expect the glass to be amazing, just functional, but I want the AB or other quality calculator. With binoculars I want amazing glass, FOV, and my choice of magnification. You throw a laser, glass, and a ballistic calculator in there and I feel like one of those elements is going to be inferior. Unless you start shelling out real big money, when you package them together you get the lesser of both.
Obviously you're assuming and have never tried the binoculars. My binoculars work well for me and they are accurate but then every person has his own interpretation about what kind of optics works well for their eyes.

I have a Kilo 3000 BDX and really like it. No, the optics aren't as clear as some very expensive top end binoculars but having a good range finder with a solid ballistics engine internal of the binos is more important to me.
Obviously you're assuming and have never tried the binoculars. My binoculars work well for me and they are accurate but then every person has his own interpretation about what kind of optics works well for their eyes.

What is important to you is not an objective standard. Thank you for proving my point about inferior glass.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts