rangefinders? what one and why

I bit the bullet and bought a Swaro range finder today. Please tell me I got the best one I could get not just the most expensive.
Once you buy a Swarovski, you won't be happy with anything less. I compared Swarovski to Leica and several other at Bass Pro Shop. When looking into dark shadows, the Leica wasn't as bright. In the brightly lighted areas, the other brands had a lot of glare in the viewer. Same with the spotting scopes. Swarovski glass and coatings are the best for hunting.

I have never seen a leica beat a swaro as far as actually out-ranging it.

The "best" is always dependent on how you classify best. I classify it as getting range readings where all other rangers draw a blank.

In my opinion a newcon isn't a consumer ranger. Never used one.

Dark

Swarovski,

Nothing for less than $1000 will range as far as the Swaro. When I want to range a distance - I expect to get a reading. I had both the Bushnell 1500 Arc and the Leica 1200 fail to range distances as close as 700 yds. The Swaro will virtually always give me the range out to 1100, and commonly out to 1500-1700yds.

I agree the Swarovski is king I have gotten readings on trees to 1900+ yards with the Swarovski and an Elk once at 1800. I have seen my Leica 1200 fail to give readings at 600 on very bright days in the desert and the Swarovski was stil giving readings to 100 meters on the same day under the same condititions

Recieved my Swaro rangefinder thursday and was able to play with it a bit. Optics are what I would expect from Swarovski. Great! Having never used one before it took a little getting used to but once I did it is sweet.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.