Rangefinder carry

nksmfamjp

So, a rangefinder is necessary for long range hunting.....I carried mine in a nice Horn Hunter pouch...then I lost the strap. The new one is just different.

So, I'm lost. How do you carry your rangefinder in the field? Looking for a solution/gift idea.

bino shoulder harness -- cause they are rangefinder binos

my old rf had a soft pouch with it, I had a lw alum carabiner on it and I clipped it to my shoulder strap on my pack

I use the stock pouch that came with my Leupold and put it on the side strap of my Mystery Ranch Bino Harness so its right there ready to rock. Tether systems are quick but don't protect the optic very well so I like having it in full enclosure.

Same as Manitou and ATH. I've tried numerous other ways and this is by far the most handy and convenient way I have found. At least for me. Good luck

So, a rangefinder is necessary for long range hunting.....I carried mine in a nice Horn Hunter pouch...then I lost the strap. The new one is just different.

So, I'm lost. How do you carry your rangefinder in the field? Looking for a solution/gift idea.
Alaskan Guide Creations bino pack is the only way to go....

Outside, front zip pocket in upper right breast pocket, with lanyard above binocular straps, around my neck. Calls go inside the jacket, to protect from freezing and cell phone goes on left side top breast; to film, text and check the internet..

I always have a Crooked Horn bino system around my neck and then I just loop the rangefinder through that and if I'm hunting in a tree stand, I keep it in my left chest pocket.
If I'm hunting on the ground and after elk or mulies, then I adjust the strap so it hangs longer and keep it in my left jacket pocket.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts