To carry or not to carry...15x

For all my hunting including Sheep hunting I carry my Meopta 10x42 in my chest rig, and my trusty B&L 20-60x70 in my pack( I like it nice and light still good to see through) Ive thought of carrying my big 85 mm spotter but honestly it's just to heavy.

I've carried 10's around my neck, 15's and a spotting scope in the pack for years. Now I've swapped the spotter for an 85mm btx but still carry the 10's and 15's too. They all have their place in the country I hunt. Buddy of mine packs 10's, 15's and Kowa highlanders. It's a pretty good load but we don't miss much usually.

My 15x binos are my workhorse. When hunting coyotes to elk and pretty much everything else I have them in a chest harness and my 65mm spotter in my pack. My tripod is a lightweight carbon fiber model. I have quick detatch plates for both. I'll switch back and forth between them when glassing for hours from a vantage point.

I pretty much have both in the truck even if just out for a drive. I am saving for a large 85mm spotter for glassing from the truck but doubt it will be packed into the backcountry much.

Did I mention that we have few to no trees in Nevada for critters to hide behind? Sort of puts a premium on optics.

Did I mention that we have few to no trees in Nevada for critters to hide behind? Sort of puts a premium on optics.[/QUOTE]

Nevada.... Butt ugly......and hasn't improved the last 30 years.....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts