Range Pet Peeves!

How about this;

When RCMP reserve the range for a weekend to train, but send bullets over the backstop because they don't know muzzle control on full auto. Then the range gets shut down because somebody got a bullet hole in their siding...

I'm like newmexkid I only go m-f and early!We have a big range and no supervision.
The thing I hate the most is when folks bring the kids and don't supervise them.
I have had kids run in my line of sight playing games while the parents shoot rimfire and I'm sighting in a 300 win mag,30-06 or 270 or testing a new cast bullet in a revolver.I love kids but they don't know what a bullet can do to them and feel the parents needs to teach them range rules.
Just my situation at our range.
Old Rooster

So had a thread similar to this and it got closed up because it got a little rowdy! So please pay attention to posts to keep it moving. Everyone has their quirks or procedural approach at the range. What is the #1 thing that ruins your range day done by other range members?
Can't believe I missed the start of this thread. Mine, of course is guys with muzzle brakes. The ones that set up beside of you and don't warn anybody. Next thing you know, you're eating dust and hot gasses.

I don't like the old curmudgeons that come to the public range and expect a 3 bench barrier on either side. You know the type, huff and puff if you shoot with a break, mean mug folks that don't let them know every time they are going to pull the trigger and think because they are able to spot bullet holes from the bench that target breaks are a waste of time.

Really hurts the sport and makes people think you have to be an uptight ----- to be any good at shooting.

Yea, I've gone to the range with my 338 lapua with brake set up with plenty of room and had someone put in right next to me. I've warned them and the though I was just wanting the extra space.

Couple of shots and they figured out I was trying to be kind.

They moved.

College girls! Need help! Shooting mat! What?

I hate it when that happens!
---------------------------------------

Hobie has been banned for 90 days for immature and inappropriate pix

Attachments

• Recoil butt 1.gif
    Recoil butt 1.gif
    2 MB · Views: 350
Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of scantily-clad girls from a local college sorority who frequent my range, particularly in the summer time. They always want help when shooting, claiming that they have problems with cheek welds, squeezing the trigger, hot brass, etc. It's particularly aggravating when they are prone, and want you to get on their cheap Midway shooting mats to help them. Some of them are downright forward and I've had about enough of it. If it continues, I'm going back to golf.
Did they offer to let you pay them for helping them?

The older I get.....the less I like people in general. It really doesn't mater where, boat ramp,hunting camp, golf course, range or bar, there is always that one self absorbed, better than anyone else and knows everything about everything. I seem to be a magnet for these narcissistic buffoons. and wonder why I leave the house at times. Did I mention.... that I really hate most people....?
Do you have a dog or two? It helps.

+1 on the ARs flopping brass everywhere. I just deal with it by putting a hardsided double case between us. It wouldn't be so bad but about 90% of these guys couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with the latest fad out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.