Range Finder Question

WyoJoe

Opinions on the Leica Rangemaster 1600-B please. I know there are others out there but is the Leica accurate out to 1000+ yards. It seems like it would meet my needs. Not really interested in the binocular type and need something that will read ranges out to 1500 -1600 yards.

If the Leica is not a good choice what is a decent handheld type that will accurately read ranges out to 1500 - 1600 yards.

Do a Google search, top right corner of this page, for the 1600-b. There have already been some good write ups here on it. It should be an excellent fit for your needs. I have the 1600 and it is excellent! Unless you want the extra ballistic features of the B, I personally think it is a waste due to its limited ability in using trajectory curves instead of BC, you may want to look at the 1600. There are some really good deals on them right now and they range every bit as good IMO.

There were some early 1600's that didn't range quite as far so I would make sure i buy it from a dealer that will allow returns if it doesn't meet your specs. Mine will range 15-1600 with ease and has gone out to 1900ish.

HTH,

Scot E.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.