Laser range finder question

My results are the same as jb1000br. My yote hunting buddy got the bushy yardage pro for christmas, I have had the leica for a couple of years, (1200 model). I spanked him in every try. When his would work, we would get the same yardage, but wile he was trying to range something, I would get it, and several other objects before he could get the first. I have hit bushes at over 1000 yards. A barn at 1203 yards and several others objects. I have hit trees before dusk, also. The only time I had any problem was in heavy fog. Fog with layers! I could range the fog, but not objects under it. Don't know why! Hmmm.

I went the whole route. I owned a Bushnell for a couple years YP800. Sold it to a golfer. Then I bought a Newcon 1500 as a replacement after hemming and hawing about Newcon or Leica. I was misinformed and bought the Newcon. I compared it to my buddies Leica and sent the Newcon back and bought the Leica. Never looked back. No question the Price per yard of actual range is lowest on the Leica. Also, I don't often shoot trucks, cars or houses so I prefer the Leica that ranges things I'm allowed to shoot at!

Just a couple of months experience.

Got a Leica 1200 after Jan. Been using it during coyote hunts.

During snow or mist its pretty much useless over 200 yds.

During bright lite it smokes huntin buddy's nikon. Readings are w/in a yard for each but the 1200 will range closer to 1200 than the Nikon will to its 800 or whatever.

I have had Bushnell 400, 800, then 1000. After dark my 100 Bushnell would do pine trees to 1300 yards, but bright days about 600 yards. The Leica are much better in a snow environment. I had the 100o Bushnell and the 1200 Leica at the same time. While waiting for my wife shopping I went in and purchased the Leica. I sat in a parking lot in Colorado and played with them for three hours. The thing I noticed was I could range to 400 yards through my windshield with the Bushnell, but hardly at all with the Leica. What I think is that there is some difference in wave length (light color of lazer). I think the laser is diffusing in snow when I try to range the Bushnell and only get 200 yards off snow. The Leica would not shoot through glass well, and I think it reflects off snow better because I get 800 yards off snow. I'm not satisfied with that explanation yet, but it's the only thing I can think of so far. Anyway, the Leica take it hands down.

I found the exact oposite ranging thru a windsheild with the two range finders. The bushnell would not range anything and the leica would range a few hundred yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.