Quickload help for a new(ish) wildcat?

comen

I am working on a new for me wildcat based on the 8x68S necked down to 7mm. The shoulder is slightly improved to .500".

I am retaining the shoulder angle and datum line from the parent case. Case length is 2.669". COAL is 3.7" It has a .300" freebore to accommodate a custom 195 gr bullet 1.454" long. Water capacity is 83.7 grains.
would someone please run a Quickload analysis for me based on a max pressure of 64,500 PSI? Rem 700LA, 26" barrel

Last edited:
Personally, I would contact Dave Tooley and discuss his 7mm BooBoo cartridge. It's also listed in QuickLoad:

Tooley Custom Rifles (Dave Tooley)
3317 Candlewick Way
Gastonia, NC 28056
Phone: (704) 864-7525
Email: [email protected]

He can set you straight on this modification to the 8x68 case.

:)

Personally, I would contact Dave Tooley and discuss his 7mm BooBoo cartridge. It's also listed in QuickLoad:

Tooley Custom Rifles (Dave Tooley)
3317 Candlewick Way
Gastonia, NC 28056
Phone: (704) 864-7525
Email: [email protected]

He can set you straight on this modification to the 8x68 case.

:)
I already have my reamer ordered. I wanted to preserve the sloping shoulder, and I only had the shoulder improved to .500" to make sure the reamer cleaned up the chamber on a 7 rem mag after the threads are turned off far enough to remove the belt recess. The Boo Boo version is too well improved for my desires.

My suggestion was made not to change your mind in favor of the BooBoo but to have the opportunity to discuss the case and modifications you want to make with an expert who has already 'been there, done that' a hundred times.

Enjoy the process!

;)

My suggestion was made not to change your mind in favor of the BooBoo but to have the opportunity to discuss the case and modifications you want to make with an expert who has already 'been there, done that' a hundred times.

Enjoy the process!

;)
Thanks for your input! I still have hope that a Quickload user would be willing to run this with slow powders. VV 165 or slower! I didn't reply sooner as I was chasing Yogi and BooBoo in the Highland Mtns