Question about CZ rifles?

japple

Does anyone have epperience with these rifles?? Are they as good as their price tag suggests? I have a freind that shoots them and have not had a chance to shoot his yet but he swears by them? It just seems like I could get a whole lot more rifle for what I pay by going to some very reputable gun smiths.

This is what I am looking at..... Opinions welcome lets hear them.

CZ-USA -> CZ 550 MAGNUM H.E.T

My CZ is a little .204 Ruger for rock-chuck shooting. Excellent value for the money! I'm getting 1/2 MOA groups with 35 grain Bergers at 3900+ fps. Really gets with the program.

IMG_2856.jpg

Mine came from the factory with the detachable magazine that I've come to find very useful. Also a walking-varminter type barrel - not too heavy, but stout enough for precision shooting. The barrel was free floating. And the rifle has a very interesting set trigger. I didn't like it at first, but after using it for a while and making some fine shots on varmints, I decided I liked it.

I also liked the milled-in scope mount. Also liked the terrific little mini-mauser action. Good all-around rifle, of decent quality for a production piece. I don't have any experience with the other models, except for the little .17 HMR varmint model I bought for my youngest son. It's bordering on incredibly accurate and has been a hoot! Unless of course you want the ground-squirrel's opinion of the dastardly little .17 varmint blaster!

The safety works "backwards" from what we Americans have come to expect. Takes a little bit to get used to that.

Regards, Guy

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.