QUALITY CARTRIDGE BRASS

Petersons is great.
Lapua is great. Usually, if it has a blue box, it is my first choice.
Unless you plan to go to Mexico hunting with it, you could always neck up Lapua 6.5-.284 brass. Just run it through a .275 then .282 mandrel. Might even do fine with a one-pass through a .282. I did the same with some old 6.5SS brass after the primer pockets were toast to make some 7SS dummy rounds.

In response to the original question, yes I have used the Quality Cartridge brass for several loads. Some were because no one else made them - 240 Gibbs and 6.5 Gibbs. The others were simply to have accurate headstamps so as to not get confused with the standard brass - 243 AI, 250 Savage AI, and 25:06AI. All were well within the brackets of acceptability and have held up well with repeated reloading - I'm on my fifth with the 6.5 Gibbs and it's a pretty hot load.

Has anyone been using "Quality Cartridge Brass" or "Peterson Brass" for reloading? I am in the process of building a straight 284 Win for 1,000 yrd and looking for brass. Lapua is coming out with .284 Win Brass this year 2021, but you know how that goes with a manufacture bringing out a new product. I have been usuing LAPUA for most all my reloads. I heard "PETERSON" also makes some quality brass. Looking for the quality/precision of these two manufactures compaired to Lapua.
Last year I acquired a Remington 660 in 6.5 Remington Mag. The only brass I could find was Quality Cartridge. It was durable but the weight variation was high. I would not use it if you can avoid it.

Has anyone been using "Quality Cartridge Brass" or "Peterson Brass" for reloading? I am in the process of building a straight 284 Win for 1,000 yrd and looking for brass. Lapua is coming out with .284 Win Brass this year 2021, but you know how that goes with a manufacture bringing out a new product. I have been usuing LAPUA for most all my reloads. I heard "PETERSON" also makes some quality brass. Looking for the quality/precision of these two manufactures compaired to Lapua.
I have used Quality Cartridge brass for my 6.5 Rem Mag and I like it. I did not however, sort / weigh the brass as they were the only option for this caliber. I found the necks to be very consistent. I hope this helps.

I use mostly Lapua and Nosler. I just started working with some Peterson. It is very good, so far. It also comes paled in a very nice box!

I've used Lapua brass for a lot of years. Always been happy with it. I couldn't find what I needed in Lapua and recently tried Peterson brass. It is awesome! It will be my new go-to brass. Very consistent and I like that it ships in a box so the necks don't arrive all dinged up.

Bob

I'm using the Peterson-Long 300 WM right now and it is working great. Very consistent. Just size,load and shoot. Consistent neck thickness. 50 pieces varied by 1.4 grns. And a nice ammo box to boot.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.