Quality Caliper

Clever

I would like to know what calipers have given the best and the most consistent readings. I have had my fair share of different manufacturers, with a lot of trial and error I have settled on one for a good stretch now. Like to hear some input from all you that strive for optimum accuracy and consistent.

Canadian Bushman

I currently own 6 sets of calipers

4 mitutoyos
-2 vernier, 1 dial, 1 digital
2 brown and sharpes
-Both dial
1 starret
-1 digital

They are all good calipers capable of comparable accuracy, but i feel the best bang for the buck probably lies with mitutoyo. Mine are pretty trashed and im in need of a new pair. Using all four means of measurement hundreds of times every day, you eat these things up pretty quick. Or i drop them.

Clever

I currently own 6 sets of calipers

4 mitutoyos
-2 vernier, 1 dial, 1 digital
2 brown and sharpes
-Both dial
1 starret
-1 digital

They are all good calipers capable of comparable accuracy, but i feel the best bang for the buck probably lies with mitutoyo. Mine are pretty trashed and im in need of a new pair. Using all four means of measurement hundreds of times every day, you eat these things up pretty quick. Or i drop them.

I have 4 of them, they are 1 year old. I had them dedicated for it's own task. Now I use only 2 and have the other 2 sitting in my safe. Do you need them? They are in excellent condition.